Saturday, September 27

Picnic.

What a glorious day for a picnic, thought I.
So I went on one.
And this is what it was like...

Katie - 'O my gosh Kaylie, that was the dumbest joke ever.'

Kaylie - 'No way! It's hilarious! Come on guys! K let me tell you another one to redeem myself..' (she repeats this at least 7 times whilst Brooke just gives that look of 'people please, this is the most ridiculous joke ever, do not let her tell it')

Kendra - 'No Kaylie, in her ever so sweet voice, please tell me! I really want to hear it.'

Eric - 'This probably would be funny if I was tired' ... ps ... i wasn't

Kaylie then starts into her next joke, Brooke grumbles, Kendra applauds, Eric listens, and Katie tries to listen with an un-bias ear, for moments earlier Katie and Kaylie fought over how much they used to love each other and blah blah blah...

5 min later...

....and inside the clam', Kaylie recites, 'there was a doughnut.'

there is silence.

Then all at once the protests filled the air...

SO DUMB!!!
See I told you guys.
COME ON IT'S FUNNY!!!
It was alright.
Stupidest joke ever.
O my rash.
Seriously guys.

Moral of story. Do not let Kaylie Hancock tell you jokes unless you are tired.

Then we all just enjoyed each others company and laughed and took pictures and played football, it was really fun. Picnics are just glorious because there's no telling what may ensue! Thanks girls for going on a picnic with me today, it was just delectable. :) Let's do it again sometime.

Sidenote: that would be really cool if no one read this cuz then iwould really just be talking to my self. which is awesome. especially cuz it's not even out loud. it's all in my head. ahh...sigh...
nature is so beautiful! i'm glad i have great friends to share it with.

5 comments:

kendra and jeffrey said...

oops! Too late.
I read it.
and loved it.

I love picnics! Thank you for a glorious day Eric!

kaylie jean. said...

Amen to what Kendra said.

However, that joke still stands as the best joke in the history of time.

As I said before, you cannot experience the full joy of it until you have told the joke to someone else.

Try it, and then get back to me.

kaylie jean. said...

Best picnic EVER, by the way. :)

brooke said...

the donut joke is terrible no matter the application.

Unknown said...

i read it.